[Mageia-dev] System startup fails with crypted partitions

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jul 16 10:30:20 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olivier Thauvin at 16/07/12 07:32 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday evening I did reboot my computer and the system was unable to
> boot until I disabled my crypted partition (my /home) in /etc/crypttab.
>
> Nothing asked me the key for the crypt partition, neither in graphical
> mode neither in text mode.
>
> [olivier at localhost ~]$ rpm -q systemd
> systemd-186-1.mga3

Hmmm, interesting.

Have you booted with that systemd version before?

What about booting with the latest plymouth? Do you use Plymouth? If so
does booting without the "splash" kernel command line argument help here
- i.e. do you see a text-based password request dialog.

How does the boot freeze? Does it just wait forever? I presume (as it's
/home) that you do get out of the initrd OK and the running system
starts to boot?

Cheers