[Mageia-dev] apache 2.4 incoming

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 23:50:00 CEST 2012

Hello list.

I just submitted apache 2.4 to build bot, meaning it should land soon in
cauldron. The largest change in this release is not the version change,
but the large cleanup of setup, inspired by both fedora and debian
packages (meaning also getting rid of mandriva legacy...):

- all configuration now reside under a single directory
- the configuration is now split in three different /etc/httpd/conf
subdirectories:
  * modules.d for modules loading directives
  * conf.f for generic server configuration
  * sites.d for site-specific configuration
- the files in modules.d only deal with module loading
- the files in modules.d use a lighter versioning scheme
- there is no extramodules directory for external modules
- no mix of 'httpd' and 'apache' directories anymore
- less verbose configuration files

I did not try to rebuild additional modules yet, not even to ensure
smooth upgrade (excepted creation of vhosts.d and webapps.d symlinks to
sites.d). As this work took longer than expected, I prefered not to keep
svn directory out of sync with reality much longer...

--
BOFH excuse #191:

Just type 'mv * /dev/null'.