[Mageia-dev] gdm doesnt seams to work

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Jul 17 01:34:56 CEST 2012

On 07/16/2012 12:03 PM, Simple w wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have updated cauldron and also installed gdm, and runned
> MCC->Boot->Set up display manager    and choose GDM, but when i logged
> out i got an image saying an error occurred and that i should contact
> the system administrator.

I have more strange behaviour for GDM.

I log in, log out, and can not log in again as myself. No session menu
in GDM if I choose my name. Other users can log in, but then it happens
again for them.

More, if I log in and out, and try to restart the box from GDM, it tells
me that other users are logged and it needs my password to reboot.

It looks like the session is somehow not ended, and GDM thinks I am still
logged. It happens in all the boxes I have running cauldron.

Any ideas ?

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...