[Mageia-dev] k3b MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found

Simple w simplew8 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:56:59 CEST 2012

2012/7/17 Nicolas Lécureuil <nicolas.lecureuil at free.fr>:
> Le mardi 17 juillet 2012 08:22:00 Nicolas Lécureuil a écrit :
>> Le mardi 17 juillet 2012 05:22:05 Simple w a écrit :
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Everytime i start k3b i get this message:
>> >
>> > MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
>> > K3b could not load or find the MP3 decoder plugin. This means that you
>> > will not be able to create Audio CDs from MP3 files. Many Linux
>> > distributions do not include MP3 support for legal reasons.
>> > Solution: To enable MP3 support, please install the MAD MP3 decoding
>> > library as well as the K3b MAD MP3 decoder plugin (the latter may
>> > already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad).
>> > Some distributions allow installation of MP3 support via an online
>> > update tool.
>> >
>> > but i have checked and i have lib64mad0 installed, what am i missing?
>> >

>> > regards,
>> > PEdro
>>
>> hello,
>>
>> Maybe it needs a k3b tainted version.
>>
>> I will look on zoneminder spec file to see how to add tainted BR.
>> Regards,
>> Nicolas.
>
> there is already a tainted section in k3b in fact.
>
> which k3b have you installed ?

]$ rpm -qa|grep k3b
lib64k3bdevice6-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted
lib64k3blib6-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted
k3b-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted

]$ rpm -qa|grep lame
lib64lame-devel-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
lame-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
lib64lame0-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
lib64twolame0-0.3.13-1.mga2
gstreamer0.10-twolame-0.10.19-2.mga2.tainted
gstreamer0.10-lame-0.10.19-2.mga2.tainted
lib64twolame-devel-0.3.13-1.mga2
twolame-0.3.13-1.mga2

as you see im using the tainted releases