[Mageia-dev] Can't update to new apache package

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:58:30 CEST 2012

Le 18/07/2012 10:34, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> Am 18.07.2012 10:17, schrieb Guillaume Rousse:
>> Le 18/07/2012 10:02, Oliver Burger a écrit :
>>> An update, I installed this cauldron machine just before the new apache
>>> package arrived.
>> No idea then, I can't reproduce.
>>
> I just saw that /etc/httpd did only contain one empty directory modules.d,
> although the old mpm-prefork apache package was installed. I now
> uninstalled apache and did an urpme --auto-orphans after that.
> The empty directory /etc/httpd/modules.d remains.
urpme --auto-orphans just call 'rpm -e', it does not change filesystem
content directly. It means than any directory not known in rpm database
will still be present on the disk after uninstallation.

> And I still get the same error messages trying to install apache. I then
> removed the /etc/httpd directory completely but I still get the same
> error messages.
Installing from scratch will trigger the failure, I forgot to make the
script specific to upgrade scenario only. However, it's unclear why it
fails when upgrading from a previous installation (for you), where
/etc/httpd/conf directory exist, but not /etc/httpd/conf/sites.d:

# prevent symlink creation failure on update
if [ ! -d /etc/httpd/conf/sites.d ]; then
     mkdir /etc/httpd/conf/sites.d
     mv -f /etc/httpd/conf/webapps.d/* /etc/httpd/conf/sites.d 2>/dev/null
     mv -f /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts.d/* /etc/httpd/conf/sites.d 2>/dev/null
     rmdir /etc/httpd/conf/webapps.d
     rmdir /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts.d
fi

I guess it has something to do with exact package ordering during
uninstallation transaction. In the past we had %pretrans trigger, I'm
not sure it is still available.

--
BOFH excuse #278:

The Dilithium Crystals need to be rotated.