[Mageia-dev] k3b MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 18 11:42:35 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 18/07/12 10:20 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Simple w at 17/07/12 21:56 did gyre and gimble:

>>> there is already a tainted section in k3b in fact.
>>>
>>> which k3b have you installed ?
>>
>> ]$ rpm -qa|grep k3b
>> lib64k3bdevice6-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted
>> lib64k3blib6-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted
>> k3b-2.0.2-7.mga3.tainted
>>
>> ]$ rpm -qa|grep lame
>> lib64lame-devel-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
>> lame-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
>> lib64lame0-3.99.5-1.mga2.tainted
>> lib64twolame0-0.3.13-1.mga2
>> gstreamer0.10-twolame-0.10.19-2.mga2.tainted
>> gstreamer0.10-lame-0.10.19-2.mga2.tainted
>> lib64twolame-devel-0.3.13-1.mga2
>> twolame-0.3.13-1.mga2
>>
>> as you see im using the tainted releases
>
> And what about libmad as the instructions suggested? Is it installed?
> You will likely need: lib64mad0

Gah I see you said you have that already :p

Check to see if there is a k3b libmad plugin. It sounds like k3b creates
a wrapper around the dynamic loading of libmad. Also you can try
stracing the binary via e.g. strace -e open k3b --nofork to see what
file open calls are tried, doing something more specific like;

strace -e open k3b --nofork 2>&1 | grep mad

might lead to some clues as to what needs fixed.