[Mageia-dev] source rpms - newbie question

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 14:02:41 CEST 2012

Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Le 19/07/2012 05:19, blind Pete a écrit :
>> util-linux-ng-2.18-4.1.mga1.src.rpm is safely downloded to my local
>> drive.  Now what do I do with it?
>>
>> urpmi --install-src ./util*
>> gives a lot of errors about iurt not existing and using root
>> instead, but does not seem to install anything into /usr/src/RPM/
>>
>> This is probably obvious to everyone here - except me.
> What is not obvious, tough, as what you are trying to achieve exactly...

I want to look at the source code.  I was expecting that command
line to install (unpack) the source code into /usr/src/RPMS/ but
maybe --install-src compiles and installs *from* source code?

Either way, what is the approved method of looking at the contents
of a *.src.rpm file?  An RTFM is perfectly apropriate here - as
long as it includes a link to the FM.

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...