[Mageia-dev] ANNOUNCE: The /usr move cometh! <---- Instructions

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Sun Jul 22 13:12:55 CEST 2012

* Colin Guthrie (mageia at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Nicolas Lécureuil at 22/07/12 11:58 did gyre and gimble:
> > Le dimanche 22 juillet 2012 12:56:42 Claire Revillet a écrit :
> >> Hi
> >> What append if we decide not to make the step on our machine ?
> >> Will it still be possible to update ? to package ?
> >
> > filesystem rpm won't install anymore so you won't be able to update your
> > cauldron anymore
>

> Yes exactly.
>
> This is a necessary step to continue using Cauldron really. It's also
> something that will need to be done in the mga2 -> mga3 upgrade although
> I will ensure that a nice packaged solution exits for users doing this
> change so as to be a bit more user friendly.

Then just do it now.

I have my laptop + 2 others VM under cauldron at work to be able to
contribute to Mageia.
I don't really have time for such migration, and don't want to if this
can break by laptop then denying me to work.

I'll wait to update my cauldron, no mather if I can't test anymore.

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS