[Mageia-dev] ANNOUNCE: The /usr move cometh! <---- Instructions

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jul 23 12:11:57 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 23/07/12 10:57 did gyre and gimble:

>>> What about chroots?
>>
>> If I understood correctly you have to install new rpm (for stable
>> is in update/testing) i had to in mga2, to use iurt for cauldron
>> as well.
>
> No, that's not the question. The issue is: how to convert the fs of
> a chroot (aka no bootloader).

On the cluster we just invalidated them and the rebuilt themselves OK
(after upgrading rpm as Angelo said).

If, however, you have a chroot and you don't want to trash it + rebuild
then just ensure the host system has an up-to-date dracut installed if
the host is cauldron or copy the cauldron script if on an older mga and run:

/usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/30convertfs/convertfs.sh /path/to/chroot

We will likely use this same script in the installer for mga2 -> mga3
upgrades too.

For convenience you can copy the convertfs.sh script from here:
 http://colin.guthr.ie/usrmove/convertfs.sh

HTHs