[Mageia-dev] Video/X/GL/gnome-shell issues?

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Fri Jul 27 23:03:46 CEST 2012

JA Magallón <jamagallon at ono.com> writes:

>> Problems:
>> 1. Cannot skip in mplayer (said to be glibc problem)
>
> I think it is some problem im GTK sliders themselves. If I click in the
> middle of the slider to advance a full page, nothing happens, in several
> applications. For example, try rithmbox and push in the song time slider:
> it allows you to move the window (???) instead of skipping. Totem simply
> blocks. Curiously, in my case GnomeMplayer at least moves the slider,
> but media stops playing...

I don't think it is related to GTK, I experience freeze (since a few
days) in lots of audio applications: mplayer, totem, rhythmbox, and even
mpg123 once

pulseaudio strikes again? (we updated it to 2.1 a few ago)

>> 3. Switching between apps or workspaces using alt+tab, alt+~,
>> ctrl+alt+up/down makes GNOME shell hang. I'm currently avoiding
>> workspaces all together, because when I switch between workspaces, GNOME
>> shell can easily hang within 5 minutes.

This is not a gnome-shell issue, I can reproduce it in Gnome classic
(metacity + gnome-panel).

--
Olivier Blin - blino