[Mageia-dev] ffmpeg

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jun 3 18:02:02 CEST 2012

[Note: please end new mails rather than replying and changing subject
and body - it can break threading]

'Twas brillig, and Richard Couture at 03/06/12 04:13 did gyre and gimble:
> I installed MGA2 on my laptop and thus far am pleased with what I see.
>
> I did note that as delivered, ffmpeg does not seem to convert between
> .MOD and anything else... I also can't find avconv which is the current
> replacement for the defunct ffmpeg.

I'm not sure of the politics but I'm not sure the whole ffmpeg vs libav
debate is absolute - I'm not sure ffmept could be considered "defunct"
just yet.

Sadly I don't know about avconv specifically so can't really help answer
this question.