[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [4789] really use oxygen theme

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:32:05 CEST 2012

On 4 June 2012 19:01, Hugo Pereira Da Costa <hugo at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
>> However, since installer runs with fbdev in 16 mode, it's a little ugly.
>> Also we need to change the background as the greys "collide".
>> See attached screen-shots (and compare new5.png against old.png)
>
> Hi Thierry, others
>
> thanks for the screenshots.
> I can probably help with the background inconsistency you mention. It is due
> to default window background "gradient" in oxygen.
> the help I can provide: either provide a "gradient" to the background used
> behind (though might not be trivial)

We currently set some gray to the background window:
See background in
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/drakx/trunk/perl-install/share/themes-galaxy.rc?revision=4041&view=markup&sortby=date

But the issues with gradients on 16bit is the bad dithering as shown
by the foreground dialog.
(see screenshots)

> or provide hook to disable the gradient in the window content (that should
> be easy).

Ready to test :-)

> I'll probably need help on how to test these things

https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Drakx-installer_tips_and_tricks#modifying_the_stage2
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Drakx-installer_tips_and_tricks#drakx-in-chroot

You can test drakx-in-chroot by running:
drakx-in-chroot /path/to/your/mirror /dir/where/you/want/to/install

eg:

drakx-in-chroot /mageia/unstable/x86_64 /my_chroot/

Though quite a lot less used, I added support for remote repo:

drakx-in-chroot http://my_mirror/mageia  /my/chroot

Buf for theming, I think you'll need to alter the mdkinst.sqfs (the
stage2 of the installer).
Best is to mirror the distro, then go into install/stage2:

unsquashfs mdkinst.sqfs
#alter squashfs-root/*
mksquashfs squashfs-root/ mdkinst.sqfs.

test using a virtual maching booting on boot.iso (from install/images/boot.iso)
which is the stage1 of the installer, that will load stage2

> and where to send possible patches.

To me :-)