[Mageia-dev] My proposals for Mageia 3

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 20:16:54 CEST 2012

On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 11:39:08 -0400, Marcello <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> i've written some proposals for Mageia 3. Is there anyone who wants to
> adopt them?
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/CheckboxesToChooseDE

The installer already has these, so I don't understand what you
want changed.  You can select kde or gnome, or custom, where these
additional choices are present.

> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/CreateHibridISO

Bad title.  All of the iso images are already hybrid iso images, in
that they can be booted from cd/dvd or usb drive, etc.  I think you
are referring to creating a live dvd, rather then the current live
cd images.  Note that there are still a lot of people with limited
download speed, and/or download caps, beyond which they have to pay
extra.  I do agree that a live dvd would be more useful, and be less
work to create/test than the current live cds.

> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/EditionBasedScreenshots

The doc team does update the documentation for each release already.

> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/InstallMissingSoftware

But what packages should that include?  Ask 10 people, you'll get at
least 10 different answers.

> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/NewbieHow-To

That I agree would be useful, but will require a lot of review to
figure out what is actually needed for a new user.

Regards, Dave Hodgins