[Mageia-dev] [RFC] x11-server-1.12

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:42:36 CEST 2012

On 4 June 2012 18:16, Thierry Vignaud <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> updated status:

- major driver that were tested and works OK:
 o video: fbdev intel nouveau nvidia radeon vesa
 o input: evdev keyboard mouse synaptics wacom

- major driver that need being tested:
 o video: fglrx

- minor driver that would be nice to test:
 o video: openchrome sis vmware
 o input: vmmouse

The following drivers still fail to rebuild:

- virtualbox
- x11-driver-video-sisimedia
- x11-driver-video-sisusb
- x11-driver-video-xgi

The only other driver we miss is virtualbox which fails to compile:
/usr/include/xorg/os.h:496:25: error: expected identifier or '('
before '__extension__'

Waiting for you to test on more real HW...
Mainly : fglrx

It would be nice to to fix virtualbox build.
In the meantime, I think we're ready to switch from x11-server-1.10.x to 1.12.x