[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 specifications

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 5 15:53:50 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 05/06/12 14:14 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:02:35AM +0200, Anne Nicolas wrote:
>> ping all. Very few proposals for now. Please take some time to fill
>> it, it's important for coming release
>
> Added https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:KillSysvinit
>
> I thought killing sysvinit was already agreed upon, so not sure a
> feature page is needed.

Yeah I think this is agreed upon and I'm pretty happy with the response
so far regarding systemd in mga2 which gives me even more confidence
overall.

However, having a feature page is still good from a documentation of the
plan perspective when people question it in 4 months time!

There are a couple other "loose" features I'd also like to complete too,
such as not shipping any sysvinit scripts in our packages (even if we
maintain support for it in systemd for now for the benefit of third
party packages), however I don't think this needs a feature page.

> The instructions are a bit vague on how to create a new page using a
> template. It says to create, but not how to do so. I went to a
> non-existing page and copy pasted the source from the template... in
> moinmoin this works way better (you can basically have it show an
> textbox + button.. user just has to fill in the pagename and click the
> button to get a new page using the template).

Yeah that's all I did too.