[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release task-obsolete-3-5.mga3

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Thu Jun 7 22:15:12 CEST 2012

On Thu,  7 Jun 2012 21:46:50 +0200 (CEST)
wally wrote:

> This package is used to obsolete packages that are no longer
> supported.
>
> wally <wally> 3-5.mga3:
> + Revision: 257115
> - obsolete mousepad and xfprint

Just because we are dropping a pkg from the distro Does Not mean that
the pkg either needs to be or should be obsoleted.

Both mousepad and xfprint still work in mga3 and it should be up to the
user whether he wishes to remove them from his system.

I pushed for the removal of both apps from the mirrors, as they are
dead, upstream but I strongly object to the practice of adding Any
working application to task-obsolete.

My loathing is such that task-obsolete is the #1 on my urpmi skip.list.

    Charles

--
It's hard to keep your shirt on when you're getting something off your