[Mageia-dev] Backports policy clarification (and discussion)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Jun 8 16:45:28 CEST 2012

venerdì 8 giugno 2012 alle 16:22, Samuel Verschelde ha scritto:
> I think you missed my point. If Mageia 1 "backports" has higher versions than
> Mageia 2 "release" (not backports), upgrade can fail because currently our
> tools do not take backports from the target release (mageia 2) into account
> when upgrading a distro.
And i think a mga N-1 bp should have mga N bp as well in that case or
should follow the same rules as between cauldron and updates e.g 1.1mgaN-1 means
2mgaN. Who backports will care, some more work does not mean we can't have backports,
just that we do really want that backport :)

What we need is, however, being sure no one submits a package to bp_testing (as well
as to update_testing) without asking to package maintaner or adding
a bug report to manage that update/backport. I say that because it happened
for updates. I think it should be clear that QA won't test a package
only because it is in XX_testing repository and that maintainer does not
have to go and see on testing to know that someone has already done the work,
maybe after having done some work on it... am i wrong?

Angelo