[Mageia-dev] Backports policy clarification (and discussion)

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Fri Jun 8 21:05:41 CEST 2012

Op vrijdag 8 juni 2012 20:40:04 schreef Samuel Verschelde:
> Le vendredi 8 juin 2012 16:58:24, andre999 a écrit :
[...]
> > But wouldn't current tools update backports if backports are active ?
>
> No, they wouldn't :)

but isn't this a bug? just like nonfree/tainted... etc...

code to detect what you had and use it for next upgrade, would be good. but
that would not be easy, unless we just keep it simple and fallback if people
don't have a standard layout.

In any case,

Stormi: what is your suggestion to change in the backport policy? or do you
think we can keep it, but we'd need alot more effort for some "features"?