[Mageia-dev] Proposed Feature:Backports_update_applet

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue Jun 12 13:15:30 CEST 2012

martedì 12 giugno 2012 alle 07:36, blind Pete ha scritto:
> There are a couple of ways to do that.  The simplest that I can think
> of is to split "backports" into "backports" and "backports update".
> Allow cherry picking from "backports" and apply "backports update"
> automatically.
IMO an easy management is having only one repository, e.g. just backports.
Official release exits without backports, so backports are a special
"update", any fixing/security/new version update needed here can override
the previous backported package itself, so only last version on backport
is available.

Is that correct? well thinking of installing the previous version in
case of problem, i'd say no. But since backports are officially maintained
a problem seen by an user means a problem that has to be fixed and the
fixing released. In this case i'd say yes, it's correct.

Angelo