[Mageia-dev] Backports policy clarification (and discussion)

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:07:06 CEST 2012

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 04:38:06 -0400, Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net> wrote:

> I re-read the backports policy, and there's a part I think needs to be pointed
> out before people start to backport packages.

I have a different question.

Will repositories such as "Core Backports" ever actually be used?

If we follow the procedures used for normal updates, a backport will first
be submitted to "Core Backports Testing", then assigned to qa.  Once
validated, the backport srpm will be pushed to "Core Backports Updates".

When would "Core Backports" ever be used?

Regards, Dave Hodgins