[Mageia-dev] mentors + apprentices

Simple w simplew8 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 05:18:08 CEST 2012

2012/6/12 Agron Selimaj <as9902613 at gmail.com>:
> Hey Sandro,
>
> I noticed you have become my mentor. I was impatiently waiting to get
> started.
>
> //Agron
>

> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 04:26:20 -0400
>> andre999 <andre999mga at laposte.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > Since my last post, we have 2 new apprentice candidates looking for a
>> > mentor.
>> >
>> > simplew (Pedro), who is a longtime user of various rpm-based distros, is
>> > most
>> > interested in Gnome and KDE packages.  As you have probably noticed, he
>> > has
>> > already been struggling with packaging on his own.  His languages are
>> > en, pt,
>> > and es.
>> >
>> > agron (Agron Selimaj), an mdv powerpack user since 2006, has skills in
>> > C++,
>> > debugging, patch review, and rpm building, and is interested in focusing
>> > on
>> > essential packages.
>> >
>> > Others have expressed interest in becoming packagers, but I have yet to
>> > confirm
>> > their interest.
>> >
>> > You can find more details at:
>> >
>> > https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager#Packager_apprentice_candidates
>> >
>> > Mentors, let me know who you take on, and I'll update the tables for
>> > you.
>> > And if you feel that you can take on another apprentice, don't hesitate
>> > to post
>> > to this thread.
>>
>> I'm willing to take on another apprentice as long as they can speak
>> English or
>> Hebrew.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>        Shlomi Fish
>>
>> --
>> Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
>> Understand what Open Source is - http://shlom.in/oss-fs
>>
>> No one knows all of Perl. Not even Larry Wall. Except Chuck Norris, who
>> knows
>> all of Perl 5, Perl 6, and can answer questions about the design of Perl
>> 7.

Hi :)

Im not understanding how this goes, who should i contact to know who
can mentor me?
I see that Sandro proposed to mentor and also Shlomi Fish said that
could also do it but i havent received any mail in my account saying
that the mentoring process has started, or its me who needs to do
something?

regards,
Pedro