[Mageia-dev] bug in urpmi-proxy

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Sun Jun 17 17:28:43 CEST 2012

Op zondag 17 juni 2012 13:18:57 schreef Jerome Quelin:
> hi,
>
> since nowhere is specified where to report bug for urpmi-proxy, i'll
> send a mail to the list.
>
> i always get 404 errors when trying to fetch a file. my tests are
> performed with the following command:
>
>     $ wget -O-
> http://127.0.0.1/mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/media_info
> /MD5SUM --2012-06-17 13:18:00--
> http://127.0.0.1/mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/media_info
> /MD5SUM Connexion vers 127.0.0.1:80...connecté.
>     requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse...404 Not Found
>     2012-06-17 13:18:00 ERREUR 404: Not Found.
>

> here is my config file, trimmed to show only active lines:
>
>     # perl -nE 'print unless /^($|#)/' /etc/urpmi-proxy.conf
>     $sources = [
>             'http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia',
>     ];
>     $debug = 1;
>

> first, setting $debug = 1 doesn't make urpmi-proxy debug logs to go in
> /var/log/httpd/error_log. it would be wise to have all debug go
> somewhere else, either in messages or even in a private urpmi-proxy log
> file.
>
> so, i've used some printing to tmp file to get some more information.
> and i found that at line 310, urpmi-proxy is using $source . $file as
> the url of the file to fetch with curl. however, printing this source
> shows the following url:
>

> http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i58
> 6/media/core/release/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/media_info/MD5
> SUM
>
> ==> definitely a problem, hence a 404.
>
> regards,
> jérôme

you can make a bug report on bugs.mageia.org though, np about that.

$debug =1 should have your logs into wherever apache logs, though.

since i've used it dozens of times on various platforms (except for cauldron),
i think maybe there's something wrong.

you are using apache? on mga1 or mga2? or another distro? are you using
mod_php or fcgi? i didn't test with fcgi though...

can you look into this a bit more? i'd like to find out where all this
strangeness comes from.

the debug logs are just error_log() calls, so...