[Mageia-dev] gstreamer0.10-faac - package request

Simple w simplew8 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:45:11 CEST 2012

2012/6/19 Philippe DIDIER <philippedidier at laposte.net>:
> Simple w a écrit :
>> 2012/6/19 Sander Lepik <sander.lepik at eesti.ee>:
>>> 19.06.2012 17:41, Simple w kirjutas:

>>> Most of this software is in nonfree or tainted.
>>> You can always create that repo if you wish.
>>
>> I thought about building faac and rebuild gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
>> but atm in Mageia building faac doesnt seams to be possible, build
>> breaks.
>>
>>> --
>>> Sander
>>>

> blogdrake provides faac libfaac libfaac-devel for mageia2
>
> http://ftp.blogdrake.net/mageia/mageia2/free/
>

> you can use and modify the spec file from their srpm if you want to
> package faac yourself

I have tried building faac, but the problem is i use Mageia Cauldron,
and faac does not build in cauldron:

/usr/include/string.h:369:28: error: ambiguates old declaration ‘const
char* strcasestr(const char*, const char*)’

Colin even pointed a website that referred a solution to this and in
fact let the build go further but still broke.

So for who uses cauldron like me is stuck regarding faac use, of
course some developer could investigate this and could build faac and
put it available in some third party repo...