[Mageia-dev] packaging amrwb ?

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:23:34 CEST 2012

Le 20/06/2012 15:18, Pascal Terjan a écrit :
>> Actiually we have two repos containing free software (core and tainted) and
>> one repo conatining nonfree software.
>> We have two repos not tainted by patents (core and nonfree) and one other
>> (tainted).
>> So either we redefine something about our repos or we add a fourth one or we
>> don't build that kind of software.
"software with patent issues should go in tainted" doesn't means
"software with patent issues should never go elsewhere". And if this
last rule is ever written anywhere, it's time to rediscuss it, with more
connection to reality.

> Maybe we can track of the forbidden packages on the wiki, with the
> reason, and if at some point we list enough non free tainted packages,
> add the media.
That would be a reasonable solution.

> But in this case it is more that non free and tainted, it does not
> allow us to distribute it.
For amrwb, yes. For faac, no.

--
Any circuit design must contain at least one part which is obsolete, two
parts which are unobtainable and three parts which are still under