[Mageia-dev] bug 2317 revisited: --update option should behave like --search-media

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Thu Jun 21 14:22:42 CEST 2012

> 21.06.2012 14:25, Malo kirjutas:
>> But enabling backport means that you want that, no?
>> Otherwise you don't enable backports.
> Enabling backports means that i might want to cherry-pick some packages
> from backports. It
> doesn't mean i want to enable it as updates media so that all packages
> from backports would
> be installed.

since we want to support backports, i see this as the only way to have
support for backports, either you have all backports, or you don't.

the QA resources required to make cherry-picking be supported is
uncountably high. and exponentially so.

this can never be tested in all combinations.

besides, we're talking about people who don't have your skills, they
either have it enabled or not.