[Mageia-dev] mgarepo, svn and working from external debian server

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Fri Jun 22 05:03:37 CEST 2012

As someone who have a limited uplink bandwith and originally planed to work on a package which have almost a gigabyte of sources, I thought that maybe I can circumvent this by using my external Debian server to upload the huge sources, so as to avoid using a hole day of uploading using mgarepo.

so I checked out the package on Debian using svn co, but the sources wasn't checked out.

So how do I use svn on Debian (and not on Mageia/Mandriva) to checkout and checkin the SOURCES, and not just the sha1, and the specfile?
The mageia wikipage on svn usage doesn't explain this, and Google doesn't help on this.

If this works as I hope, I plan to maintain ufoai and ufoai-data, starting by upgrading them to the latest version. (Which is the software that made me start rpm packaging back in 2010, as apprentice on Mandriva, to begin with. :-)= )

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324