[Mageia-dev] Remove upgrade functionnality in installer

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:01:39 CEST 2012

On 23 June 2012 15:20, Anne nicolas <ennael at mageia.org> wrote:
>>> I'd like to propose this one:
>>> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:RemoveUpgradeInstaller

I disagree, it's very usefull.

>> Hmm, I wonder if it should be fully removed, or whether it should just
>> require that an internet connection is present such that anything not
>> present on the media can be downloaded as needed. This could be a good
>> compromise?

A warning would be better for the DVD case.
Or we could try to detect unupgradable media and suggests to add network
media.

> pb also is to manage non-free repositories. Some users use DVD and add
> non-free drivers after.

I've a non merged yet branch where drakx offers to enable non-free/tainted if
available and suggests to add network media if non-free firmware is needed
but not available (eg: DVD case)