[Mageia-dev] cauldron mariadb planned changes

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Tue Jun 26 12:41:15 CEST 2012

i'm planning on having some structural changes to the mariadb package:

1. stripping out everything related only to initscripts
2. cleaning up the local scripts and compare with upstream
3. comparing my.cnf to upstream (to see what tuning is default)
4. splitting up my.cnf into my.cnf.d/ and putting files in that dir in
subpackages
5. try to see if i can clean up better regarding -common, -core &
-common-core
6. have subpackage try to use the INSTALL PLUGIN feature (dynamically
7. there's alot of scripts being packaged, i'd like to put a selection of
them in a subpackage so that it doesn't need to be installed.

any thoughts regarding this?