[Mageia-dev] Backports Summary

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Jun 27 12:50:54 CEST 2012

AL13N skrev 27.6.2012 09:17:
> Op dinsdag 26 juni 2012 23:15:16 schreef Sander Lepik:
>> 26.06.2012 22:25, Thomas Backlund kirjutas:
>>> * backports is supported as long as the rest of the release
>>>

>>> Comments? Questions ?
>>
>> I think we should change the wording from "supported" to "tested". Currently
>> we can "support" backport with a newer version of the backport. But i don't
>> think it's a wise move to mark backports repo as an updates repo. So i
>> don't see how we can _support_ backports. And QA has no time to deal with
>> updates for backports (i mean to search for security holes in backports).
>> But this can be discussed tomorrow.
>
> i agree, this is only a wording change, but is imho substantially different
> from complete support, which is impossible.

Well, it's supposed to be supported with security and bugfixes.

The support is about _providing_ the fixed packages.

As to wether people install them or not, it's sort of the same as
current /updates. we provide them and suggest them to be updated,
but we dont force anyone to install the updates.

--
Thomas