[Mageia-dev] Packagers meeting

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Wed Jun 27 13:00:04 CEST 2012

2012/6/27 Sander Lepik <sander.lepik at eesti.ee>:
> I still don't understand where's the big problem if we enable release media for updates.
> It's not updated, so it shouldn't slow down updating too much. Hardware that can run DEs
> today should have no problems with release media enabled for updates. QA is proposing this
> solution again and again. Is this really that hard to change?

The _simplest_ solution (conceptually speaking) would be to use a
condition which would enable release media for updates _if_ one or
more of the dependancies cannot be found in the updates media.
But I guess that it's not that simple in the code if it still has not
been considered otherwise than conceptually.