[Mageia-dev] ANN: GCC-4.7.1 landing on Cauldron

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Jun 27 13:58:31 CEST 2012

Funda Wang skrev 27.6.2012 14:48:
> Will there be rebuilding robot for cauldron so that we could detect
> build failures due to new tool chain?

Not yet.

In order to avoid a dual rebuild we will wait for GLIBC 2.16
to land on cauldron too.

GLIBC 2.16 is scheduled to be released on first week of july.

The other thing I haven't decided on yet is if we should upgrade
binutils to 2.22.52.0.4 (wich is a beta) to get better support
for the new x32 "arch" or wait for 2.23 to be released...

Of course if someone want to set up a local rebuild set to test
already, and report breakages already that's ok to...

--
Thomas