[Mageia-dev] Idea to fix "Way too many languages to choose from for spell checking in FF and TB" mga#6125

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Thu Jun 28 11:16:17 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 01:38:03AM +0200, n54 at gmx.com wrote:
> I have got an idea to fix this bug with a new drak tool (DrakSpell?).
> It would be an assistant with a list of all available languages with
> all their variants to select and install. And the trick: it will
> install a package (like hunspell-en) and remove (rm -f) the unselected
> dicts (en_CA, en_GB ...).

How would you be able to select a previously not selected language?

Maybe package differently:
  /usr/real/spell/something
and then have links from
  /usr/spell/something
to the real languages?

Then you could remove and add languages as you please, plus RPM would be
more or less happy? Think you can teach it to ignore symlinks with ghost
maybe?

--
Regards,
Olav