[Mageia-dev] Backports Summary
ennael at mageia.org
Thu Jun 28 11:17:07 CEST 2012
2012/6/26 Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org>:
> we have been discussing this many times, and not gotten any
> satisfactory decision to go ahead yet...
So we had our weekly meeting yesterday and backports were in topics list.
logs : http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-dev/2012/mageia-dev.2012-06-27-19.11.html
Here are all the point now we agreed on:
- backports will be opened, supported with security updates and bugfix
- opening backports for mageia 1 too, but users should be aware that
it can potentialy create problems when upgrading, and may need to fix
some problems manually
- it is planned to add a warking when activating a backport media in
drakrpm-edit-media, with checkbox to tell "don't warn anymore"
- work is needed to add support for automatic updates of installed backports
- mailing list will be created for backports announces
- QA will provide updated backport validation procedure in the following days
So discussion is now closed :). QA is waiting now for volunteers to
help on validating backports. No QA, no backports!
Also we need volunteers to work on
https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2317. At the moment QA can
hardly manage updates and backports while this is not solved. So again
More information about the Mageia-dev