[Mageia-dev] WARNING: systemd is landing!!

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 29 13:41:49 CEST 2012

Now that the keyboard mapping issue has been sussed, I will be
submitting this today. You have been warned!

I will, of course, be going immediately AFK for several weeks right
after submitting, as is tradition :D

But more seriously, the changes merge in udev and sysvinit stuff into
the main systemd package. I will eventually move the units into the main
package also, but I also need to find a way to not require the actual
systemd binary for the chroots as it pulls in a lot of stuff and a
minimal chroot is still desirable when the packages being build to not
specifically need systemd. I will write more about this in due course
(and with some suggestions for tasks to be completed before the "big
rebuild" in order to get our specs in really good shape).

Anyway, systemd booting is now the only way, so if you use sysvinit
still, I'd advise not updating cauldron and discussing why you still
need sysvinit such that I can help you transition.

Cheers