[Mageia-dev] Issues with systemd???

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jun 30 12:56:16 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Charles A Edwards at 30/06/12 03:46 did gyre and gimble:

> After updating systemd and the sundry other pkgs this evening I
> rebooted this system.
>
> I have never used the nouveau driver.
> 	fron xorg.conf
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier "device1"
>     VendorName "nVidia Corporation"
>     BoardName ""
>     Driver "nvidia"
>     BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
>     Option "DPMS"
>     Option "SLI" "Auto"
>     Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"
>     Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals"
>     Option "IgnoreEDID" "1"
> EndSection
>
> lilo append contains nokmsboot
>
> In spite of these facts All the nouveau modules are loaded and the
> nvidia driver Can Not be used
>
> The only way I was able to fix this issue was to
> blacklist nouveau

OK, this will require a bit of investigation.

> Issue #2
>
> I now have no sound.
>
> Pulseaudio segfaults

Yup, I can reproduce this. I'll fix is sometime today.

> and alsa fails.
>
> service alsa restart
> Restarting alsa (via systemctl):  Failed to issue method call: Unit
> alsa.service is masked. [FAILED]

That's expected. Both alsa and sound services are useless under systemd
and are thus masked (this is how things are on mga2). They will be
removed from Cauldron soon.