[Mageia-dev] oce (opencascade) license issues

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Sat Mar 3 00:46:00 CET 2012

I have been working on oce, but need help deciding on where to put it
and with what license.
Oce is the OPENCascade Community Edition.
Earlier versions are/were packaged by Mdv and Fedora, and recently Deb
has included it.
It seems from OPENCascade's own license literature to be LGPL-like with
differences. (but rpmlint is not happy with that).
Fedora consider it non-free, but since all the source is available and
redistributable I don't know why, so ignore my comment on line 1 of the
spec.
There are links in the spec to license references.

Barry