[Mageia-dev] Packaging groups

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 04:33:12 CET 2012

2012/3/5 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> I just noticed - don't ask me why I didn't notice it earlier - there
> is no rpm group for LXDE
> We have groups "Graphical desktop/XYZ" for XYZ in KDE, GNOME, XFCE and
> five of the window managers, but not for lxde.
> Perhaps we should find some policy on those groups, as I think
> currently there's no real logic behind them.
>
> Oliver

I take a look inside Graphical desktop/Other, we have quite a lot of
WM/DE inside it:
(in alphabet order)
AfterStep
awesome
dwm
blackbox-based (fluxbox, openbox)
i3
lesstif-mwm (which should belongs to fvwm-based group)
lxde
matchbox
pekwm
razorqt
scrotwm
sugar
swm

Something else that should belongs to another group:
devede - a DVD/VCD creation frontend, should be in Video?
etoys - should be in Education?
lightdm - a display manager, but slim & xdm are in System/X11.
screengrab - another screenshot tool, scrot, is in Graphics.

System/X11 might need some love:
aajohan-comfortaa-fonts - should be in System/Fonts/TrueType
compiz - compiz is a window manager, but it might be an exception here.
gccmakedep
imake - both gccmakedep & imake are part of Xorg package, but
Development seems more suitable?
kiba-dock - most docks are in Graphical desktop/Other. Strange why
kiba-dock is not...
virtualbox-doc - should be in Documentation.