[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release task-obsolete-2-9.mga2

Oliver Burger obgr_seneca at mageia.org
Wed Mar 7 17:20:20 CET 2012

Am 07.03.2012 17:14, schrieb Guillaume Rousse:
> Le 07/03/2012 14:13, Oliver Burger a écrit :
>>> Please, don't make texlive package even bigger than its current size (
>>> 64891300) by including everything inside. Beamer is distributed
>>> separatly, please keep it separated. It makes tracking its version and
>>> updating it easier for everybody.
>>>
>> The functionality of beamer is already included in texlive. Indeed last
>> time I tried - though I had no time to investigate - when beamer was
>> installed, tex files would not compile.
> just because 'it is already done this way' doesn't mean it is right.
>
> What's wrong with having beamer in a distinct package ?

Fact is:
- it is included in texlive-texmf and
- the latex-beamer package does not workj with our texlive package.

You can of course try to fix it, if you like.
I would be happy if we could divide that monster texlive-texmf package
into several smaller ones, but...

It's not, that I want to have beamer inside texlive-texmf, but it
already is!

Oliver