[Mageia-dev] Deprecating startx

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Thu Mar 8 00:45:42 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> As I said last time to this question, I'd certainly be extremely annoyed
> if mga2 does not default to systemd. I've given up a massive amount of
> my free time over this cycle working towards this. I would be massively
> annoyed if this effort was ultimately towards a secondary option.

Don't worry, no one has said that it shouldn't :), but it's clear
there's a confusion as you have seen, many people understood that
systemd would come as an alternative to mga2 and sysvinit as default,
and systemd as default in mga3. I also remember reading last year this
but never the change of plans, maybe it was decided on the meetinfgs,
but as I can't attend to them because of the schedule I missed the
announcement.

--
Juancho