[Mageia-dev] deprecate text installer

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Fri Mar 9 04:11:00 CET 2012

On Wednesday 07 March 2012 21:34, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> perhaps we should consider in fact that text installer does not work...

As long as it is not removed all together in the future.

My blind friend cannot use our GUI installer, so he is forced to use the text installer. The only GUI installer he's managed to get working is the Ubuntu installer, because it is a Gnome installer which use orca. (Maybe he's using the live-part of the Ubuntu CD/DVD to do it.)
It is not so much that it's not working as it is the braille doesn't see it, hence he can't see it.
He says that a distro which does not have a text installer is not a system he's willing to use.

If we deprecate and remove the abillity to use a text installer, we are effectlively blocking blind users from beeing able to install the system.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324