[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-Private] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat Mar 10 17:36:33 CET 2012

On Sunday, January 08, 2012 05:07:38 PM Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> W dniu 08.01.2012 22:04, Luc Menut pisze:
> >
> > [...]
> >>
> >> If a package requires enchant-dictionary, then language specific will be
> >> chosen before Aspell. This is the whole idea behind it. (eg. Voikko is
> >> chosen before hunspell-fi and aspell-fi too).
> >
> > OK, I understand the use for enchant-dictionary.
> >
> >> And I'm against some
> >> special versioning for directories, we don't really need it.
> >
> > sorry but I don't agree with you here.
> > e.g. in coming days, we will fix firefox (and other mozilla apps) to
> > use hunspell-dictionaries; we will update the link to
> > /usr/lib64/firefox-9.0.1/dictionaries -> /usr/share/hunspell
> > and change the requires to hunspell-dictionary.
> >
> > but hunspell-dictionaries "old generation" (mga1) provide
> > hunspell-dictionary, and install dictionaries only in /usr/share/myspell.
>
> Just a technical note:
> Old Hunspell dictionaries don't provide anything additional. They are
> just dangling without any special integration with the system, please
> take a look:
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/hunspell-fr/current/SPECS/hunspe
> ll-fr.spec?revision=134361&view=markup
>
> $ urpmq --provides hunspell-nl
> hunspell-nl[== 2.00-2.mga1]
>
> New Hunspell dictionaries obsolete&provide Myspell packages and come
> into the Myspell place. They also install dictionaries into the same
> place as the predecessor - this is why I put it into the place of the
> old enchant-dictionary=2 place.
>
> Gentoo uses common packages for Myspell and Hunspell dictionaries. So
> this is additional argument to put Hunspell in the place of Myspell.
>
> > how do you plan to handle that the fixed firefox will absolutly need
> > hunspell-dictionaries "new generation",
>
> Fix Mozilla packages (in Mga2) to use new generation dictionaries in
> /usr/share/hunspell
>
> > and can't work with hunspell-dictionaries "old generation" ?
>
> Is there need for anything needed in addition of just higher
> version&release of every new generation hunspell-dictionary in Mga2,
> then the one in Mga1? In Mga2 every hunspell-dictionary will be in the
> new generation version.
>
> And I think we support Mga1->Mga2 full migration, so everything will be
> working.
>
> Am I right?
>
> > regards,
> >
> > Luc

Are we making any progress with this. Currenly Hunspell doesn't work in Lyx
(error no dictionaries installed and digging through the Hunspell spec file it
installs a patch and gives the dictionary path as /usr/share/dict/ooo:
but there is only a one empty file in that directory called dictionary.lst

Hunspell works on libreoffice.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler