[Mageia-dev] executable libraries

Per Øyvind Karlsen peroyvind at mandriva.org
Sat Mar 10 22:29:50 CET 2012

Den 13:45 3. mars 2012 skrev Guillaume Rousse
<guillomovitch at gmail.com> følgende:
> Le 02/03/2012 22:01, Per Øyvind Karlsen a écrit :

>>> still, it seems kind of weird, there are rpmlint checks for unstripped
>>> libraries, but i do have 34 libraries not marked as executable, while the
>>> stripping+ debug seems to target only executables?
>>>
>>> i wonder if we should make another check library unset as executable or
>>> even
>>> check what happened with these libraries not marked as executable?
>>
>> I posted a link to a rpmlint patch implementing such a check to this
>> thread two
>> hours ago.. :p
>
> I don't much point to a check, when a rpm-helper scriptlet would be able to
> automatically enforce any given permission set.
I eventually reached that conclusion as well, especially as I ran into
same issues with mono
libraries as well..

I've just pushed a new spec-helper to cooker with the following script:
http://svn.mandriva.com/viewvc/soft/rpm/spec-helper/trunk/fix_file_permissions?view=markup

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind