[Mageia-dev] [Freeze] please let in xonotic

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Mar 11 13:54:31 CET 2012

Le dimanche 11 mars 2012 à 14:29 +0200, Sander Lepik a écrit :
> 11.03.2012 14:21, Michael Scherer kirjutas:
> > Le samedi 10 mars 2012 à 10:26 +0100, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> please let in xonotic-0.6.0
> >> It's just a game that impacts nothing else.
> > Niet.
> >
> > That's bugfix or security fixes.
> Honestly, WTF?!
>
> It's a new package. How much harm can it do?

The same as any packages. What did people didn't understand about "focus
on bugfixes" ?

> I would understand this rejection if we would
> have backports enabled. But we don't. Some point release can cause more trouble than this
> package.

If by "point release", you mean "version upgrade in a minor version",
that's also blocked.

If by "point release", you mean "rebuild with spec change", that's much
easier to revert and detect, since there is less changes to look at.
And that's a part where packagers can realistially check. That's not the
case for most tarballs where there is several changes for a new version.

Frankly, there is a time where we should say "this is the version we
choose for the release". We are not doing a rolling release.
So either you agree that there is a time to say "stop" to upgrade, be it
on the day of release or before, and think that the time we choosed is
not the right time, and in which case, they should clearly tell. Or you
want a rolling release, and again, you have to clearly say "I want to
have a rolling release" and I will answer "there was some threads in the
past"

--
Michael Scherer

--