[Mageia-dev] [Freeze] please let in xonotic

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 19:36:57 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 18:19, R James <upsnag2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Anssi Hannula <anssi at mageia.org> wrote:
>>
>> Line would have to be drawn somewhere, though (otherwise it would become
>> a mess, I guess), and I'm really not sure right now where it should
>> exactly be then....
>>

>> This is just my opinion, not based on any previous discussion.
>>

> (Also in the spirit of just a humble opinion:)
> Given Thierry's innumerable contributions and experience, I would
> not object in the slightest to an exception made for him.
>
> We can be confident that the package will be done correctly plus
> it will be a nice, easily-installed addition to Mageia.
>
> Yes, rules need to exist but flexibility is sometimes warranted in
> the interest of good will and showing appreciation.

Exceptions for some people make no sense. Anyone can update a package
to a version with annoying bugs.

Exceptions for some low impact packages make more sense, if everyone
agrees there is no impact on other packages (and especially on
installer or cd/dvd contents which can not be fixed by updates).

I don't mind exceptions for low impact packages were people will want
the latest version, but then people handling exceptions will spend
their time checking if the exceptions for such packages make sense
instead of focusing on fixing more important things for the release.