[Mageia-dev] Freeze Push Question: pulseaudio

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 13 00:30:51 CET 2012

Hi,

'Twas brillig, and Michael Scherer at 12/03/12 21:04 did gyre and gimble:
> For the sake of documenting :

> So for thoses 5 reasons, I would say "no", even if I would rather see
> this just for free software advancement.

I originally wrote a reply to this that went through and answered the
individual points. However, on reflection and re-reading of my replies I
felt it was better to just reply generically as I don't want to nit-pick
and do a tit-for-tat type reply here as you're points are all valid and
well reasoned.

Along with the Triage team who do an sterling job, I am the primary
person dealing with fallout from audio issues. I obviously take pride in
the work I do and I in no way want want to jeopardise the reputations of
either Mageia or PulseAudio and as such I will use the revert option
without hesitation for rc if I or anyone else genuinely feels that the
newer version reflects badly on Mageia.

I fully accept the timing sucks here, but considering the lifetime of
mga2 I still feel this is the right direction.