[Mageia-dev] freeze push mgaonline

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Thu Mar 15 22:15:34 CET 2012

On 15.03.2012 21:41, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 21:07, Dan Fandrich<dan at coneharvesters.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 03:25:40PM +0100, n54 at gmx.com wrote:
>>> * stop using Mandriva URLs and replace them by www.mageia.org (mga#1590)
>>> * replace Mandriva strings by Mageia in gnome-mandrakeonline.desktop
>>> * replace MIME Type application/x-mdv-exec by application/x-mga-exec
>> Replacing Mandriva ->  Mageia in user-visible text makes sense, but what
>> exactly is the MIME type used for?
For opening files. It's linked through x-mga-exec for *.bundle files.
>> If the underlying data format hasn't
>> changed (whatever it is), then this isn't something that should really be
>> modified, any more than renaming image/vnd.microsoft.icon to something
>> else.
If you don't know what it is used for why are you so opposed? We have
our own names and suffixes, so I don't why you are against. For exactly
the same reason we dropped X-Mandriva-* in favor of X-Mageia in .desktop
files.
> AFAIR, it used to be for long-dead Kiosk project, several years ago
> (Kiosk was declared a dead project by the end of 2006). .bundle files
> (downloaded through http) were containing special instructions to
> trigger specific urpmi behaviour (adding a media, installing RPMs from
> this media). It was not used since.
I'm in favor of removing all unneeded parts from mgaonline. There were
many parts related to megapacks, server editions, club membership. If
the .bundle is unused then it too can be removed.