[Mageia-dev] lighttpd and others now require apache

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Sat Mar 17 03:22:24 CET 2012

16.03.2012 19:47, Juergen Harms kirjoitti:
> On 03/16/2012 01:00 PM, Malo wrote:
>> It's better for now
>> to say that web apps are packaged for apache, and maybe, in the wiki,
>> people can
>> write how to adapt to other web servers.
>
> Maybe the approach used for the backuppc package is a good compromise:
> The package contains and installs the apache server definition. But the
> package also contains a README.MGA file that - among other items -
> contains a recommendation on how to create a backuppc server for lighttpd.
>
> This approach is perfectly in line with the "packaged-for-apache"
> concept, and it makes life easy for users who - for whatever reason -
> need to run lighttpd. The mageia wiki is great, and there is interest to
> push people to go to the wiki. But a README file that comes with the
> package is the first place where a user will look for this kind of
> information; and it is more likely to get updated with a new release of
> backuppc than a - separate - page in the wiki.

This doesn't work for webapps that need server-writable
directories/files that are owned by the server user, since any changes
to the ownerships the user makes would be overridden on upgrade.

Hence I suggest a single user id to be used. (I'm fine with any other
solution which works as well)

--
Anssi Hannula