[Mageia-dev] autoselecting a driver for some hardware

zezinho lists.jjorge at free.fr
Mon Mar 19 10:14:07 CET 2012

hi,

can anyone hint me where to look into to link some hardware pci id with
some driver?

I am thinking on Broadcom hardware that is unlucky enough to have 3
drivers which only works with some hardware :

- b43 (open source with unredistributable firmware)
- brcm80211 (open source with firmware included in kernel-firmware-nonfree)
- wl (proprietary closed source)

As I have 2 different cards, and seeing several bug reports I think I
could sort all this if I know where to commit it.