[Mageia-dev] unable to mount encrypted partitions created with drakdisk

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 04:23:21 CET 2012

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 03:41:00 -0400, simple w8 <simplew8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But i think it would be better to have in diskdrake some option
> allowing the user to choose the cypher, since the default cypher used
> in cryptsetup and in other apps that support luks, is cbc, and this
> way diskdrake is putting it incompatible with remaning apps that
> support luks.

Agreed.  Go ahead and write a patch! :-)

Sorry, but my perl knowledge is very limited.  Looking through the
code, I can usually figure out what it's doing,  I was able to
create the patch that simply added the --cipher option to the existing
code in diskdrake, but altering the dialog to add selection of which
cipher to use, would probably take me a very long time.

You should probably open an enhancement bug report, requesting the
change, that can then be assigned to the diskdrake maintainer.

Btw, I had no idea that luks encryption was compatible with truecrypt.
Thanks for that info.

Regards, Dave Hodgins