[Mageia-dev] New strings in drakx and urpmi - please do warn i18n

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:06:21 CET 2012

On 22 March 2012 16:44, Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have again to ask to at least notify i18n upon string changes in our soft.
> Especially now, quite some time after i18n freeze, we NEED TO KNOW
> things like that.
>
> We could of course wach all commits to svn and see for ourselves, but
> I don't have the time for that and I think most others don't as well.

This should be automated which I cannot do anything for it.
As for drakx, AFAIC it's actually the I18N people who pushed for the change.

As for urpmi, I fixed a bug where a debug message wasn't displaying anything
(once again a late mdv breakage)
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=3639

I fixed it an restored the gratuitously removed call for translating.
I've also immediately restored the lost translations from mdv:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft?view=revision&revision=3641

The other one is just for helping debugging issues when people reports
bugs whose real cause is bogus options in /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg (such as
--allow-force or --keep).

For the rest, just open a bug report as release_blocker/critical so that
automatic mailing is done.